This module allows send transactions (orders) data from opencart store to Google Analytics account. It sends data to Google Analytics only when order reached one of the selected statuses and doesn't matter when, how and who (user, administrator or payment service) changed order status. As a result, this module allows get most accurate analytics reports if compare it with other similar modules that send data from the successful checkout page only and depend of theme and payment methods. For more information about ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics, please visit the link.
- Easy installation and doesn't change any system files (VQMOD)
- Compatibility with any theme and payment method
- Multi-language, multi-currency and multi-store support
- GTM, analytics.js and legacy ga.js library support
- Sending an order to GA only when one of the selected statuses is reached
- Debug mode and logs system
- Settings of product parameters (name, sku, category) for send to GA
- Google translator at the module settings page
The module sends to Google Analytics the following data
Transaction (Order) Data
- The transaction ID
- The store name from which order occurred (customizable)
- Total revenue of the order
- Total shipping cost of the order
- Total tax of the order
- Selected or default currency (customizable)
Item (Product) Data
- The transaction ID
- The product name (customizable)
- The product SKU (customizable)
- The product category (customizable)
- The product price
- The number of units purchased in the transaction
If you want to get a demo access to Google Analytics Account for checking this module, please send your email address associated with Google Analytics with the message subject "Demo access to ETGA1.5" to email@example.com.
Create Your Google Analytics Account.
If you’re already a Google Analytics User, skip ahead to Step 2.
If you don’t already have a Google Analytics account, you can sign up for a free account here
Add basic page tracking to your website.
If you’re already a basic page tracking, skip ahead to Step 3.
If you have not already added basic page tracking find the tracking code snippet for your property.
2.1 Sign in to your Google Analytics account, and select the Admin tab. From the Account and Property columns, select the property you’re working with. Click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
2.3 Copy and paste the snippet to the admin panel of your site System/Settings/Server Teb/Google Analytics Code Box.
Enable Ecommerce in your reports.
You need to enable Ecommerce reporting in the view in which you want to see the data.
3.3 In the VIEW column, select Ecommerce Settings.
3.4 Click the Enable Ecommerce toggle ON (Attention! It may take 24 hours for data to appear in your reports once tracking has been installed).
3.5 Optional: Click the Enable Related Products toggle ON.
3.6 Click Next step.
3.7 Click Submit.
In the OpenCart admin backend, do the following steps:
Upload the folders (admin, catalog, vqmod) and files from the archive ecommerce-tracking-vX.X.vqmod.zip to your OpenCart server's main directory.
Go to "Extensions / Modules" menu install "E-Commerce Tracking" module and edit settings.
Go to System > Users > User Group > Edit Administrator, check the box "module/e_tracking" to "Access Permission" and "Modify Permission" and click on the Save button (top right of the page).
||1.5.4, 126.96.36.199, 1.5.5, 188.8.131.52, 1.5.6, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
Varsion 2.0 (20.07.17)
- Added compatibility with any theme and payment method
- Added multi-store support
- Added legacy library ga.js support
- Added compatibility with Google Tag Manager
- Added order status option (the module sends order data to Google Analytics when order reached selected status)
- Added debug mode and logs system
- Added google translator at the module settings page
Varsion 1.2.2 (10.03.17)
- Added support Pavilion theme
Varsion 1.2.1 (15.06.16)
- Added escaping a special characters in the names of products and categories
- Fixed detection of the first category product
Varsion 1.2 (20.03.16)
- Added the ability to configure the module in the admin panel
Varsion 1.1 (19.03.16)
- Fixed the issue with the number of products in analytics