Enhanced E-Commerce Tracking in Google Analytics
- Date Added:03 Mar 2016
- Date Modified:14 Oct 2017
Enhanced E-Commerce Tracking in Google Analytics enables the measurement of user interactions with products on OpenCart stores across the user's shopping experience, including product selections, product detail views, adding a product to a shopping cart, initiating the checkout process, purchases, and refunds. This extension includes a wide list of settings but you can use it immediately after installing by specifying only a few basic settings. All other options will use the default values.
- Easy installation and configuration
- No files are overwritten. The extension uses OpenCart Extension Installer (OCMOD) or VQMOD
- Support Multi-Lingual, Multi-Currency and Multi-Store (Analytics Reports data in one selected language/currency or multi-language/multi-currency)
- An order tracking by the selected statuses (Support changes from the administrator)
- Tracking sections with on/off option of status, debug mode and logs
- Settings for the id, name, category and custom dimension of product
- Analytics Reports with/without taxes (on/off option)
- Support any theme, quick checkout or payment extension
- Сompatible with Google Tag Manager, Global Site Tag (gtag.js), analytics.js and ga.js (legacy)
- Debug mode and logs system
- Wide list of features and advanced settings
Measuring Enhanced E-commerce Activities
- Product impressions
- Clicks on a product link
- Viewing product details
- Impressions and clicks of internal promotions
- Adding / updating / removing a product from a shopping cart
- Initiating the checkout process for a product
- Purchases and refunds
Enhanced Ecommerce Data Types and Actions
Impression and Product Data
- SKU - The product ID or SKU (e.g. 8232, customizable option)
- Name - The name of the product (e.g. Canon EOS 5D, customizable option)
- Action List - The list or collection to which the product belongs (e.g. Search Results)
- Brand - The brand associated with the product (e.g. Apple)
- Category - The category to which the product belongs (e.g. Components / Monitors, customizable option)
- Variant - The variant of the product (e.g. Color: Black)
- Price - The price of a product (e.g. 29.20)
- Quantity - The quantity of a product (e.g. 2)
- Position - The product's position in a list or collection (e.g. 2)
- Custom Dimension - A product-level custom dimension (e.g. rating)
- Transaction ID - The transaction ID (e.g. 1234)
- Affiliation - The store or affiliation from which this transaction occurred (e.g. Google Store)
- Revenue - Specifies the total revenue or grand total associated with the transaction (e.g. 11.99)
- Tax - The total tax associated with the transaction (e.g. 2.15)
- Shipping - The shipping cost associated with the transaction (e.g. 1.25)
- Coupon Code - The transaction coupon redeemed with the transaction (e.g. DISCOUNT2017)
- Action List - The list that the associated products belong to (e.g. Search Results)
- Checkout Step - A number representing a step in the checkout process (e.g. 2)
- Checkout Step Option - Additional information about a checkout step (e.g. Bank Transfer)
- Currency Code - The local currency of the transaction (e.g. EUR)
- ID - The promotion ID (e.g. PROMO_1234)
- Name - The name of the promotion (e.g. Summer Sale)
- Creative - The creative associated with the promotion (e.g. summer_banner2)
- Position - The position of the creative (e.g. banner_slot_1)
- Global Status of Extension - Enable / Disable
- Bulk Change Status, Debug Mode, Logs
- Multi-Store - Enable / Disable
- Google Analytics Tracking ID (Required for Enabled Global Status)
- Order ID (Required for Enabled Global Status)
- Advanced Settings - Enable / Disable
- Language - Multilingual / One Language
- Currency - Multicurrency / One Currency
- Taxes - Enable / Disable
- Store Name
- Product ID - may contain product ID, product name, product model, product SKU and product brand
- Product Name - may contain product ID, product name, product model, product SKU and product brand
- Product Category - highest / lowest / all
- Product Custom Dimensions - Enable / Disable
- Product Custom Dimension 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - may contain all product fields from the product table in the database + language_id, name, description, tag, meta_title, meta_description, meta_keyword, store_id, manufacturer, discount, special, reward, stock_status, weight_class, length_class, rating, reviews
- Impression Status - Enable / Disable
- Impression Debug Mode - Enable / Disable
- Impression Logs - Enable / Disable
- Product Click Status - Enable / Disable
- Product Click Debug Mode - Enable / Disable
- Product Click Logs - Enable / Disable
- Details View Status - Enable / Disable
- Details View Debug Mode - Enable / Disable
- Details View Logs - Enable / Disable
- Cart Status - Enable / Disable
- Cart Debug Mode - Enable / Disable
- Cart Logs - Enable / Disable
- Checkout Status - Enable / Disable
- Checkout Debug Mode - Enable / Disable
- Checkout Logs - Enable / Disable
- Custom Checkout Page - Enable / Disable
- Checkout Page URL (Required for Enabled Custom Checkout Page)
- Transaction Status - Enable / Disable
- Transaction Debug Mode - Enable / Disable
- Transaction Logs - Enable / Disable
- Order Status (Required for Enabled Transaction Status)
- Refund Status - Enable / Disable
- Refund Debug Mode - Enable / Disable
- Refund Logs - Enable / Disable
- Order Status (Required for Enabled Refund Status)
- Customer Refund
- Internal Promotion Status - Enable / Disable
- Internal Promotion Debug Mode - Enable / Disable
- Internal Promotion Logs - Enable / Disable
- Logs - Enable / Disable
- Page Link - Enable / Disable
Note: In OpenCart version 1.5.4 - 22.214.171.124 the administration menu will look "Extensions > Modules" instead "Extensions > Extensions > Modules".
(Extension Installer) Step 1
You must have set your FTP credentials to use this type of installation on OpenCart 126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52.
1.1 Go to store administration menu "Extensions > Installer" and upload the archive "ee-tracking-vX.X-ocXXXX.ocmod.zip".
If you have 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11 OpenCart version do the steps 1.2 and 1.3 below if no, skip to Step 2:
1.2 Go to store administration menu "Extensions > Modifications" and remove modification "Enhanced E-Commerce Tracking by VanStudio".
1.3 Go to "Extensions > Extension Installer" and upload the file "ee-tracking-oc2020-2031.ocmod.xml" from the archive with extension.
(VQMOD) Step 1
You must have installed VQMOD to use this type of installation.
Upload the files and folders of extension (folder admin, catalog and vqmod) from the archive "ee-tracking-vX.X-ocXXXX.vqmod.zip" to your OpenCart server's main (root) directory by FTP client or filemanager.
(Marketplace) Step 1
You must have set your OpenCart API information to use this type of installation.
Install "CLOUD Enhanced E-Commerce Tracking vX.X OCXXXX" in the download tab of marketplace extension page.
Go to store administration menu "Extensions > Extensions > Modules" and click Install "Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking by VanStudio" module.
If you use OCMOD, the extension automatically refresh the Modification List after this step.
3.1 Go to "Extensions > Extensions > Modules" and click Edit.
3.2 Set Global Status to enabled.
3.3 Enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
3.4 Enter your Order ID from opencart.com or vanstudio.co.ua.
3.5 Set Status to enabled for data types and actions which you want to collect (Impression, Click, Details View, Cart, Checkout, Transaction, Refund, Internal Promotion). Click Bulk Change > Status for change Status of all types and actions.
3.6 Go to Transaction tab and select Order Status. The data will be sent to Google Analytics when an order get selected status (Complete and Pending by default).
3.7 Go to Refund tab and select Order Status. The data will be sent to Google Analytics when an order get selected status (Refunded by default).
3.8 (Quick Checkout only) Go to Checkout tab, set Custom Checkout Page to enabled and enter Checkout Page URL.
3.9 Click Save.
4.1 Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
4.2 Select the Admin tab and Navigate to the desired account, property and view.
4.3 In the VIEW column, select Ecommerce Settings.
4.4 Click the Enable Ecommerce toggle ON.
4.5 Click the Enable Related Products toggle ON (optional).
4.6 Click Next step.
4.7 Enhanced Ecommerce Settings, set the status to ON.
4.8 Enter labels for the checkout steps (click a funnel step, enter a label name, then click Done).
Steps for the default OpenCart checkout:
step 1 - Checkout Type
step 2 - Payment Address
step 3 - Shipping Address
step 4 - Shipping Method
step 5 - Payment Method
step 6 - Confirm Order
If you use some module for quick checkout, like Ajax Quick Checkout, where all checkout steps display at the same time, add one step only:
step 1 – Checkout
4.9 Click Submit.
Attention! it may take 24 hours for data to appear in your reports once tracking has been installed.
|Opencart 1.0||1.5.4, 18.104.22.168, 1.5.5, 22.214.171.124, 1.5.6, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11|
|Opencart 2.0||18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52|
|OpenCart 3.0||184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199b|
- Fixed an issue with the wrong number of new visitors
- Fixed an issue with PHP < 5.4
- Fixed an issue with measuring the checkout process
- Other minor fixes and improvements
- Fixed a compatibility issue with quick checkout modules
- Added Order ID option
- Other minor fixes and improvements
- Added multilingual URL's in Checkout Page URL
- Other minor fixes and improvements
- Added Opencart 3 compatibility
- Added compatibility with GTM, custom OpenCart themes, payment and quick checkout modules
- Added wide list of features and advanced settings
- Added debug mode and logs system
- Fixed a bug with the VQMod module version for Journal2 theme
- Fixed a bug with an incorrect text message in the success checkout page
- Fixed a bug with adding product to cart without selected and not required product options
- Fixed a bug with double send google analytics ID
- Added tracking a checkbox and an image as product options
- Added escaping special characters in a product and category names